- Oscar Mayer Group
- Permanent, Full Time
Up to £26,000 - dependent on experience
Oscar Mayer Wrexham is part of the Oscar Mayer Group, a UK-wide company specialising in manufacturing prepared foods for the top UK grocery retailers such as The Co-Operative, Morrisons, Sainsbury's, Aldi and Waitrose. With three sites and approximately 3,500 employees, the company prides itself on a busy yet positive working environment, a culture of open communication, and a long-standing workforce - 60% of employees have given over 10 years of service.
With 1,500 employees, the Wrexham Industrial Estate site is a very fast-paced operation, with an impressive 2 million ready meals being produced each week.
Purpose of the Role
To ensure full availability of all materials and packaging required for production. To minimise holding stock. Use best practice with all suppliers to source the most appropriate materials and packaging for new product development. Analyse spend and ensure best value.
- Ensure that all raw materials are available for production without excessive stock holding.
- Liaise closely with stores/logistics/planning to achieve this.
- Assist Supply Chain Manager in determining acceptable stock levels within the business.
- Lead the daily process of stock control and management.
- Assist with actions that improve production process, liaising with production/technical.
- Prepare reports weekly to aid this process.
- Deputise for Replenishment Manager as necessary.
- Maintain good records of all key events to ensure accurate ordering. Contribute to evaluation of the M.R.P. systems.
- Daily reports to Supply Chain Manager.
- Ensure that material critical paths set by customers for launch are met in full: Co-ordinate factory and technical familiarisation with any new material ensuring best launch.
- Good Communications skills
- Effective time management skills
- Knowledge of MS Office Packages
- Enthusiasm for working in a team
- Reorder authority subject to authority limit.
- Recommend supplier/purchase decisions to site buyer/senior managers.
- Problem solving ability
- Previous purchasing/planning/logistical experience in chilled food is preferable.
Hours of work: 4 on 4 off Days
Salary: Dependent on experience - up to £26,000