- Cartref Ni
- St Asaph
- Permanent, Full Time
A salary of £24,374.64 + attractive benefits
Assistant Manager – Learning Disabilities Supported Living, x2 vacancies
x1 Permanent contract
x1 12-month fixed term contract
Applications are welcome from individuals seeking either full time or part time hours.
Cartref Ni is a not-for-profit organisation and a registered charity, that provides 24/7 support to adults with learning disabilities and/or physical disabilities enabling them to live in their own home in the counties of Conwy, Denbighshire and Flintshire.
With offices located in St Asaph in North Wales, we have been operating for more than 30 years and are proud of our 145 colleagues including many longstanding employees, who support people to be as independent as possible, to fulfil their potential, be part of their communities and to live their dreams.
With good inspection reports from CIW and local authorities, the services we provide are very well regarded by the people we support and their families. We now have an exciting opportunity for a professional with experience supporting people with learning disabilities and the ability to motivate and lead others, to join our team.
The Role – Assistant Manager
Assisting the Service Manager, you will be responsible for a variety of tasks within multiple houses. You will be required to effectively guide teams to ensure users of our service live a full and active life in their own home, endorsing a person-centred approach.
Your remit will cover staffing and training, health and safety, finance admin, quality assurance, and internal and external collaboration, with duties that will require you to (but not limited to):
- Provide advice and support to people on a day-to-day basis through informal/formal meetings, telephone, electronic methods and face to face.
- Ensure that services provided meet the needs of individuals and the agreed Service Delivery/Care Plan is being adhered to.
- Undertake planning for and monitor all relevant documentation including work and house-based risk assessments, protocols, active support packages and behaviour support plans for approval of the Service Manager.
- Support the Service Manager in ensuring effective and efficient support is available for the individuals we support as per our contractual obligations, including arranging any sickness, annual leave cover.
- Use Cartref Ni’s Operational Management System (Care Control) for recording and monitoring information. Ensure staff are trained and use Care Control appropriately.
- Carry out administrative tasks to ensure correct data is collected for payment and invoicing purposes.
- Ensure that Support Staff understand and follow the instructions and recommendations given by individuals, their families, Doctors or other Health or Social Services officers.
- Assist in organising training.
- Participate in a 24 hour ‘on call’ rota when requested.
- Ensure registered and maintain registration with Social Care Wales.
Our Requirements – Assistant Manager
- Proven experience in supporting people with Learning Disabilities
- NVQ Level 2 or equivalent (Social Care framework)
- Knowledge of the legislation relating to Learning Disability Services
- Organised and able to prioritise workload effectively
- Effective and confident communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to motivate and lead others
- Computer literate including with use of email, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to respond to unexpected changes and adopt a flexible approach
- Willingness to take on additional responsibility
- Passion for upholding the rights of all vulnerable people
- An understanding of the demands and challenges placed on front-line staff
- Ability to be creative and see obstacles as opportunities
As the Assistant Manager, you will benefit from:
- x1 permanent contract available and x1 12-month fixed term contract
- Applications are welcome from individuals seeking either full time or part time hours. Full time hours are Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
- A salary of £24,374.64 FTE
- Generous annual leave allowance increasing with service
- Staff rewards scheme with retail discount perks
You’ll be working from our offices in St Asaph, conveniently located near to the A55. Although the role will require travel within the North Wales counties of Conwy, Denbighshire, and Flintshire.
All applications for this Assistant Manager vacancy are to be submitted online.