- Oscar Mayer Group
- Flint, Flintshire
- Permanent, Full Time
Salary ranging from £9.95 to £11.85 dependant on experience
Oscar Mayer Flint is part of the Oscar Mayer Group, a UK-wide company specialising in manufacturing prepared foods for the top UK grocery retailers such as The Co-Operative, Morrisons, Sainsbury’s and Aldi. With three sites and approximately 3,500 employees, the company prides itself on a busy yet positive working environment, a culture of open communication, and a long-standing workforce – 60% of employees have given over 10 years of service.
With 300 employees at the Flint site, it is a very fast-paced operation, with an impressive 500,000 ready meals being produced each week.
To prepare large batches of sauces in line with production requirements. Ensuring that quality, hygiene, and safety standards are maintained at all times. Recording of CCP’s and completion of cook sheets.
- Produce sauces to the specification recorded on the cook sheet. To complete all documentation associated with the cooking process to the standard required.
- Take personal responsibility for ingredients and raw materials. To have in depth knowledge of ALL materials used in the cooking process.
- To attend sensory evaluation sessions and use the knowledge gained to ensure that sauces are cooked to the correct specification.
- Supply High Risk assembly with the correctly cooked sauce at the time it is required.
- Keep the work environment safe and clean to the standard required by health and safety and hygiene legislation.
- As a Chef you will benefit from:
- Permanent contract
- Pension scheme
- Bupa Healthcare Cash Plan
- Summer fun day events
- Access to portal with vouchers and retailer discounts
- 22 days annual leave
- Salary ranging from £9.95 to £11.85 dependant on experience
- £12.50 per night shift allowance when working nights
- Qualified to City & Guilds / NVQ qualifications – Food and Drink is preferred.
- Experience gained in manufacturing or hospitality kitchens is desirable.
- Willingness to undertake personal development initiatives to achieve personal and organizational objectives.
- Punctual and reliable
- Able to work as part of a team
- Problem solving and ability to use own initiative
- Good communication skills
- Attention to detail
Every employee is expected to show respect to their colleagues and to understand and adhere to Oscar Mayer’s value of dignity at work; they are also expected to work alongside and support all other departments with which they have contact in achieving Oscar Mayer’s objectives.
Working hours: 7am – 7pm OR 7pm – 7am (4 ON 4 OFF)
All applications for this Chef role are to be submitted online.