Work Placement Officer
- Ffestiniog & Welsh Highland Railways
- Porthmadog + possibility of some home working
- Contract, Part Time
£26,500 per annum (pro rata)
The Ffestiniog and Welsh Highland Railway is starting delivery of a major national lottery funded project that will provide interpretation across the railway; develop skills; conserve historic buildings at Boston Lodge. This is an exciting time with the recent World Heritage Site announcement with which the project has close links and shared ambitions to make a positive impact in the area.
A key appointment for the project is the Work Placement Officer who will help deliver the skills strand of the project and the role includes supporting three trainees, organising work placements in the organisation and developing and maintaining training plans. The Officer will also undertake consultation, volunteer outreach, acting as a point of contact for all new volunteers.
The contract is part-time (0.6 FTE) starting as soon as possible and finishing 30th March 2025 with flexible hours and the possibility of some work being done from home. It is possible the role could be made up to full-time for the right person with duties elsewhere in the railways. It is expected to be based in Porthmadog with some work at Boston Lodge works, Minffordd, Penrhyndeudraeth.
- Experience of co-ordinating training and mentoring
- Experience of recruiting and managing volunteers
- Experience of proactive partnership and outreach working (e.g. with school or voluntary organisations)
- Good administrative skills to support effective recording of activities & volunteer team, and to support reporting on the project to the NLHF
- The ability to speak and write Welsh is essential for this post
- Knowledge of the railways and the local community would be an advantage
We can offer you:
- Salary of £26,500 per annum pro rata
- A minimum of 28 days paid holiday, inclusive of all bank and public holidays. Pro rata for part-time posts.
- Enrolment into the company pension scheme after a qualifying period
- Company enhanced sick pay
- Travel benefits on the Ff&WHR and on national rail according to the Rail Staff Travel rules in place at the time of employment.
All applications should follow the guidance in the Application Information and must comprise a completed Application Form and Equality and Diversity Recruitment Monitoring Form and may also include a CV
Sign up for email job alerts
Get the latest North Wales jobs sent directly to your inbox with tailored email job alerts.
Read our news articles, job round-ups of the most exciting career opportunities and location guides focused on what it's like to live and work in North Wales on our blog.
Gain expert advice to help make the most of your job search, including CV and interview tips, with our Career Advice.
Email job alerts
Sign up to receive our latest North Wales jobs by email