- Oscar Mayer Group
- Permanent, Full Time
£10.49 per hour
About the Company
Oscar Mayer Flint is part of the Oscar Mayer Group, a UK-wide company specialising in manufacturing prepared foods for the top UK grocery retailers such as The Co-Operative, Sainsbury's, and Aldi. With three sites and approximately 3,500 employees, the company prides itself on a busy yet positive working environment, a culture of open communication, and a long-standing workforce - 60% of employees have given over 10 years of service.
With 300 employees, the Flint Industrial Estate site is a very fast-paced operation, with an impressive 400,000 ready meals being produced each week and committing to complete more in the new year, hence the boost in our recruitment for a variety of roles.
- Reporting to the Department Manager the successful candidate(s) will be responsible for a variety of the following duties dependent on roles:
- Assess key raw materials, work in progress components and finished product against written quality parameters including completing taste panels
- To ensure any non-conformances identified are escalated, recorded and corrective actions are put in place including placing product on hold for further review.
- Complete validation and verification of process controls via auditing
- To complete audits in line with Food Safety, Quality and Legal compliance requirements in line with the pre-defined schedule.
- To demonstrate conformance and record and investigate non-conformance to site manual and customer requirements.
- To complete validation and verification activities in line with pre-defined schedules escalating any failures versus requirements.
- To ensure appropriate product samples are collected as required.
- Ensure all relevant paperwork is available to check process controls, calibration of critical pieces of equipment.
- Ensure GMP standards are being adhered to.
- Follow the Hygiene Monitoring Schedule as directed. Including swabs of relevant equipment and staff
- To always adhere to Company Values.
- To be punctual and accurate.
- As a representative of the Company to perform duties in a professional, timely manner and complying with relevant timetables.
- To be proactive, constantly looking for new and better ways to perform your duties.
- To take full responsibility for your job role and responsibilities.
- To communicate problems and ask for assistance from your manager as required.
- To be courteous and to treat others as you would like to be treated yourself.
- To be part of the team.
- To be honest and open and say what you feel in the current environment.
- Confidentiality of Company information.
- Smile and enjoy yourself.
- Be aware and comply with Company policy on health and safety and food safety.
- To highlight any issue which could compromise any employee's personal safety or risk.
- To maintain a smart appearance at all times as appropriate to the site/location.
Benefits of working with us
- Progressive working environment, promotion opportunities
- Quality, food safety & hygiene training
- Level 2 food safety accreditation trained
- Permanent position
- Employed status
- Overtime at 1.5 times hourly rate
- Weekly pay
- Pension scheme
- Refer-a-Friend £75
- 22 days holiday per year
- Free parking
- Summer Fun Day events
- Zing Benefits - an online portal offering vouchers and discounts
- BUPA Healthcare Membership (claim back contributions towards medical expenses)
4 on 4 off (12 hour shifts), working 07:00 to 19:00
Hourly Rate of £10.49
Sign up for email job alerts
Get the latest North Wales jobs sent directly to your inbox with tailored email job alerts.
Read our news articles, job round-ups of the most exciting career opportunities and location guides focused on what it's like to live and work in North Wales on our blog.
Gain expert advice to help make the most of your job search, including CV and interview tips, with our Career Advice.
Email job alerts
Sign up to receive our latest North Wales jobs by email