- North Wales Housing
- Either Llandudno Junction or Bangor office, with option for hybrid working
- Contract, Full Time
Salary of £48,000 (pro rata) + hybrid working option available
Head of Supported Housing – Temporary contract until the end of March 2023
Flexible working options enabling you to combine working from home, with travel to our offices in either Llandudno Junction or Bangor (North Wales) on average 3 times per month. Working from the office is an option, if required.
North Wales Housing provides homes and delivers services to over 2,700 households across North Wales. Although the organisation is rapidly growing, our vision and values have always been about more than just bricks and mortar. We’re a regional market leader in providing housing and services to vulnerable people, and our tenants are at the heart of everything we do.
Our team mean a lot to us, too. We’re proud to say that we’re a Gold Standard Investors in People employer, and have received a Best Companies ‘One to Watch’ accreditation - testament to our desire to care for our colleagues. Our People Strategy focuses on creating an environment where our people are proud to work at a place they want to be, supported to achieve their potential, give their best, and feel valued for their contribution.
The Role – Head of Supported Housing
Reporting to the Assistant Director Communities, as Head of Supported Housing you will play the operational lead in ensuring Supported Housing Actions within our Corporate Plan and operational strategies are delivered. You will lead the financial and resource management side of supported housing activities, including liaising with the Welsh Government and local authorities regarding homelessness and supporting people payments.
You will lead the operational management of high-quality supported housing services (both directly managed and agency managed), and managing our supported housing portfolio, whilst identifying and developing new business opportunities.
You will achieve all the above through:
- Effectively leading, managing, recruiting and developing the team
- Managing and developing existing and new schemes, promoting a customer-focused approach
- Leading the operational contribution to the strategic direction of the Supported Housing services
- Managing, monitoring and providing on-going evaluation and promotion of directly managed and agency managed supported housing services, ensuring that all schemes and projects meet the needs of service users
- Developing new and enhancing existing relationships with key stakeholders, funders and partners, raising the profile of North Wales Housing
- Monitoring current trends in the supported housing market, promoting new initiatives and managing change to deliver continuous improvement
- Preparing tender bids and tenders for any new or existing service opportunities
- Managing the programme of scheme reviews as required by the Welsh Assembly Government
- Working closely with the Finance department to manage budgets and forecasts, claims for payment from funders, and participating in the production and monitoring of annual budgets
- Supporting and complying with audit procedures, reviewing and contributing to the development and implementation of policies and procedures, and contributing to relevant corporate and business plans
- Annual salary of £48,000 (pro rata)
- Temporary contract until the end of March 2023, working typically 35 hours per week Monday to Friday although you will be required to work additional hours to meet the needs of the organisation (including attending out of hours meetings and working in evenings / weekends if needed)
- Flexible working options enabling you to work from home or at our offices in either Llandudno Junction or Bangor, whichever you prefer, although you will be required to travel to our offices on average 3 times per month
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (pro rata)
- Optional generous contributory Social Housing Pension Scheme
- Benefits platform with savings on groceries, high-street shopping, new tech, holidays etc.
- Employee health assistance scheme
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
Our Requirements – Head of Supported Housing
- Significant experience of working within a housing or social care environment, with experience of developing new schemes
- Experience of setting and managing budgets, and working with relevant external agencies
- A solid understanding of current trends in the Supported Housing market and of the Supporting People legislation, funding and service requirements in Wales
- Superb understanding of mental health issues and support needs connected to drug and alcohol misuse, and homelessness
- Superb leadership and people management skills
- Ability to demonstrate strategic vision and business acumen related to supported housing
- Numerate and IT literate with good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Full UK driving licence with access to own transport
Shortlisting of applications and interviews for this role will take place while the advert is live; the advert will close once the successful candidate is found. Candidates are therefore encouraged to submit applications as soon as possible.
All applications for this Head of Supported Housing role are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.