- Cartref Ni
- Roles across Denbighshire, Flintshire and Conwy
- Permanent, Full Time
Pay rate of £8.91 to £9.97 per hour
Support Worker – Learning Disabilities Supported Living (Opportunities available across Conwy Denbighshire and Flintshire) – Multiple roles available with full time and part time hours.
Would you thrive working in a community setting, pursuing the principles of everyday living for vulnerable people? If so, then read on to uncover this rewarding opportunity where you’ll be supporting vulnerable adults to live a qualitative life in their own home, endorsing a person-centred approach, which at all times respects the person being supported.
Cartref Ni is a not-for-profit organisation and a registered charity, that provides 24/7 support to adults with learning disabilities enabling them to live in their own home in the counties of Conwy, Denbighshire and Flintshire.
With offices located in St Asaph in North Wales, we have been operating for more than 30 years and are proud of our 145 colleagues including many longstanding employees, who support people to be as independent as possible, to fulfil their potential, be part of their communities and to live their dreams.
With good inspection reports from CIW and local authorities, the services we provide are very well regarded by the people we support and their families.
The Role – Support Worker
Reporting to the Service Manager, you’ll be working at one of the houses where support is being provided as part of a team, to people who may have both learning and physical disabilities who live in their own home. Your duties will require you to (although will not be limited to):
- Assist with all personal care requirements using hoists and other specialist equipment as appropriate; and, at all times, respecting the person’s dignity and privacy
- Assist individuals to access general public amenities both by vehicle and on foot (to include pushing a wheelchair as necessary and utilising an adapted vehicle)
- Assist individuals in developing their daily living skills to include home-related activities such as budgeting, cooking, cleaning, changing beds, laundry and shopping
- Complete all daily living tasks that cannot be completed by individuals due to physical and/or learning disabilities
- Attend, and actively participate in Service Delivery /Care Plan meetings
- Attend supervision sessions and team meetings
Our Requirements – Support Worker
- Passion for making a positive difference to the lives of vulnerable people
- Ability to see beyond challenging behaviour
- Effective and clear communication skills, both written and verbal
- Able to work unsupervised making the best use of resources
- Able and willing to drive (most individuals we support have mobility vehicles)
- Ability to work in a team in a supportive and considerate manner
- Ability and willingness to listen
- Patient, and calm and confident in challenging situations
- Basic numeracy and literacy skills
- Good time management
- Willingness to undertake all identified training
- Able to push a wheelchair and utilise specialist mobility equipment (with training)
- Able to undertake a broad range of moderately physical activities
Although not essential, experience in supporting people with Learning Disabilities and Challenging Behaviour is desirable.
As a Support Worker, you will benefit from:
- Permanent contract
- Multiple roles are available across Denbighshire, Flintshire and Conwy, some with full time hours and others with part time hours. Hours available on the 24/7 rotas may include day, evening, weekend shifts and sleep ins. Hours for specific location-based role to be discussed at interview.
- Pay rate of £8.91 to £9.97 per hour (sleep-ins paid at £8.21 per hour)
- Staff rewards scheme with retail discount perks
- Access to cycle to work and discounted computer scheme
All applications for these Support Worker vacancies are to be submitted online.