- Permanent, Full Time
A salary of £50,000 + attractive benefits
Senior Software Engineer – (predominantly C# .NET)
Since launching in 2000, phenomenal growth has resulted in Moneypenny becoming the world leader in its field. Answering services, outsourced switchboard, live chat and a range of digital products combine to create a formidable portfolio of products, services and opportunity.
In the ever-changing world of technology, our products need to lead the way in driving opportunity and efficiency in all areas of our business. We are constantly developing products that are at the cutting edge of technology, particularly in the areas of telephony and video. We see these new products as the next driving force for our growth both here and in the US.
Our Technology Team plays a crucial part in shaping the future of Moneypenny. The sector we operate in is fast-paced and is paving the way in technologies such as AI and ML. We are investing in our technology and people to build a cutting-edge platform that will power the business going forward.
We are looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer to join us at this exciting time, as we evolve our technology to compete at the forefront of this rapidly evolving sector.
The Role - Senior Software Engineer
You will be responsible for the design, development, and operation of effective software and tools, whilst collaborating with stakeholders and product managers to understand business requirements and influence product requirements. You will predominantly be working in C# .NET, with the remaining in VB.NET, Node.js, SQL, React, and Vue.js.
Your duties will include, although will not be limited to:
- Working with project, product and technical leads to design software and create implementable specifications and tasks at feature and component level
- Driving work to successful completion across the immediate team
- Writing appropriate tests using automated test driven techniques for ensuring code quality and coverage
- Ensuring the teams software works in its operating environment
- Writing, reviewing and taking responsibility for technical documentation
- Leading the troubleshooting and resolution of issues throughout the product life cycle, including out of hours support for incident resolution
- Participating in and leading as required, the team's agile planning and delivery process
- Helping to improve the teams software development methodologies, such as pairing, code and documentation reviewing
- Mentoring and coaching junior staff, including constructive feedback of code, and providing technical leadership and direction to peers and colleagues
Our Requirements - Senior Software Engineer
- Proven experience writing and maintaining large scale robust production software in a fast-changing environment with rapid release cycles
- Knowledge in one or more mainstream development language/frameworks such as C# .NET, VB.NET, Node.js, SQL, React, or Vue.js
- Expertise with one or more mainstream development and deployment tool chains (IDE, CI CD)
- Competence in database design and use in software applications
- Expertise in web architecture and key technologies (HTTP, DNS, distributed design)
- Proficiency in test driven development and broader testing and QA concerns
- Expertise in developing operational and non-functional concerns (monitoring integration, performance testing, scale, availability and resilience, security considerations)
- Proven experience of project working and professional software development processes, including agile
- Demonstrable experience in using design patterns
- Effective leadership and collaboration inside and outside the team with the ability to influence diverse stakeholders
- Capable of working on multiple projects or codebases concurrently
- Ability to mentor and support others
As a Senior Software Engineer you will benefit from:
- A salary of £50,000
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Private Healthcare and Life Assurance
- Subsidised restaurant, free on-site pub and gym
- Flexible benefits scheme where you can pick and mix the benefits that suit your lifestyle
You will be employed on a permanent contract, working 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday, based at our offices in Wrexham, North Wales.
All applications for Senior Software Engineer vacancy are to be submitted online.
PLEASE NOTE: By clicking apply on this site, you will automatically be redirected to the Moneypenny website, where you will be required to complete an online application.