- OMGQA Auditor
- Oscar Mayer Group
- Permanent, Full Time
£22,910 per annum + benefits
Oscar Mayer Wrexham is part of the Oscar Mayer Group, a UK-wide company specialising in manufacturing prepared foods for the top UK grocery retailers such as The Co-Operative, Morrisons, Sainsbury's, Aldi and Waitrose. With three sites and approximately 3,500 employees, the company prides itself on a busy yet positive working environment, a culture of open communication, and a long-standing workforce - 60% of employees have given over 10 years of service.
With 1,500 employees, the Wrexham Industrial Estate site is a very fast-paced operation, with an impressive 2 million ready meals being produced each week.
- To assure compliance to key parameters of the Quality System by means of direct audit with main responsibility appraisal of component and finished product against key parameters.
- Place non-conforming product on hold and to reject as appropriate.
- Appraisal of key components and finished product against written quality parameters
- Collaborative approach with other departments to ensure adherence to site and legal requirements
- Complete initial risk assessments of incidents and escalate as required
- To ensure audits are carried out in line with pre-defined schedule
- Organise daily QA tasks
- Random live audit of process paperwork to ensure compliance
- Ensure GMP standards are being adhered to
- To ensure appropriate product samples are collected as required
- A proactive approach to identification and investigation of non-conforming product or standards
- Communication of issues and actions via email and in person with the supervisory/management team
- Communicate and provide information to Customers and Third Party Auditors while on site
- Provide cover for other areas of the QA team as required
Essential Knowledge and Qualifications
- NVQ 1 level or equivalent
- 1 years experience within Quality Assurance, preferably in the ‘food sector’
- Good organisational skills and communication skills
- To always adhere Company Values
- To be punctual and accurate
- As a representative of the Company to perform duties in a professional, timely manner and complying with relevant timetables
- To be proactive, constantly looking or new and better ways to perform your duties
- To communicate problems and ask assistance from your supervisor as required.
- To be courteous and to treat others as you would like to be treated yourself
- To be part of the team
- Confidentially of Company information
- Be aware and comply with Company policy on health and safety and food safety
- To highlight any issue which could compromise an employees personal safety or risk
- To maintain a smart appearance as appropriate to site/location
Benefits of working with us
- Progressive working environment, promotion opportunities
- Quality, food safety & hygiene training
- Level 2 food safety accreditation trained
- Subsidised canteen facilities
- Permanent position
- Employed status
- Overtime at 1.5 times hourly rate
- Weekly pay
- Pension scheme
- Refer-a-Friend £75
- £100 sign-on bonus after probation period
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 22 days holiday per year
- Free parking
- Summer Fun Day events
- My Resource Rewards - an online portal offering vouchers and discounts
- BUPA Healthcare Membership (claim back contributions towards medical expenses
Sign up for email job alerts
Get the latest North Wales jobs sent directly to your inbox with tailored email job alerts.
Read our news articles, job round-ups of the most exciting career opportunities and location guides focused on what it's like to live and work in North Wales on our blog.
Gain expert advice to help make the most of your job search, including CV and interview tips, with our Career Advice.
Email job alerts
Sign up to receive our latest North Wales jobs by email